About Alicia Mundy
As reporter, she has produced media packages and projects on subjects that provoked legislative initiatives, Congressional inquiries, criminal and civil investigations.
Mundy helped break the story on the United Way of America in 1992 that led to a federal investigation, trial, and ultimately prison sentences for the longtime president of the national United Way and two of his executives.
Her cover story for Washington Monthly on an easy way for the President to lower drug prices using "March-In Right" – led to a year as Chief Investigator for Sen. Bernie Sanders, who was the Minority (Democrat) Co-Chair for the Senate Budget Committee. Mundy investigated health care, Rx drugs, and device prices and helped produce op-eds on Health Care cost increases for Sen. Sanders.
She is currently finishing her book about a police corruption case that she broke stories about several years ago.
And she is starting a book about the development of a treatment for macular degeneration, which leads to blindness.
Mundy is a member of Gotham Ghostwriters, which engages writers and reporters to produce speeches, opinion pieces, and books for people and corporations.
She has contributed to opinion pieces for public consumption for health insurance companies and other corporations on a part-time basis.
- Washington Monthly - The Next President Can Lower Drug Prices with the Stroke of a Pen
- Why This Man Lost His Top Pentagon Civilian Job
- Out On The Street After Two Secret and Illegal Investigations
- Libel Suit Takes Aim at Print Reporter's Words on TV
- The health-care system’s second-class citizens
FOREIGN POLICY ANALYST
- Tracked U.S.-European military and economic relations as an outside consultant towards end of the Cold War for the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
- Used Content Analysis to study shifts in West German policy on key U.S. security issues, including Germany’s support to build Soviet natural gas pipeline
- Co-authored "The View from the Other Side" on Europe’s divergence from the U.S. on ties to the U.S.S.R. Published by U.S. ACDA
- B.S. Foreign Service Georgetown University
- M.A. International Relations The London Program of University of Southern California